America’s Wackiest Concession Stand Foods
Concession stands and food trucks are known for their creativity and diversity. Freed of many of the conformities of the restaurant industry, freshly cooked food from concessions stands.
Many stadiums, theaters, food truck pods, and cities in the United States have developed unique dishes and styles. Here are some of the most inventive concessions stand delicacies around:
- Three Little Pigs Nachos, Soldier Field, Chicago. The home of the NFL’s Chicago Bears, Soldier Field is known as one of America’s most storied sports stadiums. It also features a touch of Chicago’s famed culinary creativity, as the Three Little Pigs Nachos, featuring pork rinds in place of the usual tortilla chips, demonstrate! Topped with barbecue pulled pork, bacon, jalapenos, and pepper jack cheese sauce, these little pigs go off the beaten track.
- The Boomstick, Rangers Ballpark, Arlington, Texas. The home of the Texas Rangers sells some Texas-sized foodstuffs. The two-foot-long Boomstick, which comes smothered in chili, nacho cheese, jalapenos, and caramelized onions, is a prime example! This three-pound hot dog is delicious, but it hits the wallet hard—hope you have $26 handy for this treat! On the plus side, it will be all you need to eat the entire game, or maybe the entire day!
- Chicken and Waffles, Yankee Stadium, New York. The Yankees’ storied home venue comes with similarly legendary food offerings. Chicken and waffles are a classic Southern treat, but they can be had in New York as well. If you’re in the mood for fried chicken wedged between two Yankees-branded waffles, you’ve come to the right sporting event!
- Banana Split Sundae Helmet, U.S. Cellular Field, Chicago. The home of the Chicago White Sox, this Southside stadium offers a desert that truly stands out in a crowd. The Banana Split Sundae Helmet is exactly what it sounds like—four scoops of vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry ice cream, all drizzled with caramel, strawberry sauce, and chocolate syrup. Is your mouth watering yet? Consider that this epic treat comes topped with whipped cream and cherries, and you’ll get the idea.
- Philly Sausage Cheesesteak on a pretzel roll, Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia. Of course Philly is known for its cheesesteaks, but even this local sandwich comes in a wide variety of forms. If you’re attending an Eagles home game, you can get one made on a baked pretzel roll and filled with sausage!
A good concessions stand can only become great with the proper exhaust hood system. Check out the concessions stand hoods available for stands and carts on HoodMart’s online store!