“You have to spend money to make money.” It’s a phrase you probably hear so much that you don’t even think about it at this point. However, it’s very true and can save your business, or more importantly, save you from yourself.
Part of this principle is investing in insurance. Insurance comes in a number of forms. The first and most obvious is purchasing a plan from an insurance company. However, there are other ways in which you can insure yourself, and specifically, your peace of mind as a business owner.
For example, if you own a restaurant, you can insure your peace of mind by investing in the equipment that allows you to maintain your business. Fires are one of the many hazards that face restaurant owners. Without the proper fire suppression system, you could leave yourself open for a world of hurt as an owner.
Consider a recent article for the Chicago Tribune titled “Kitchen fire shutters Indian restaurant in Naperville.” Bill Bird of the Chicago Tribune writes, “A Naperville restaurateur said he expected to be open for business Wednesday, after his restaurant was shuttered Tuesday afternoon by a fire in the kitchen. No one was injured in the blaze that erupted at 12:57 p.m. Tuesday inside Cuisine of India, a restaurant at 1163 E. Ogden Ave., just west of Ogden Mall on Naperville's northeast side. Deputy Naperville Fire Department Chief Rick Sander said firefighters were sent to the restaurant following a 911 call ‘reporting smoke coming from the roof’ of the single-story, brick and glass building. Firefighters brought a total of 10 vehicles and pieces of apparatus to battle the blaze, Sander wrote Tuesday in a release.”
If that’s not convincing enough, consider that restaurant fires are fairly common. These stories litter the news sites every week.
WRAL also examines a kitchen fire in a recent article titled “Kitchen fire closes Vance County restaurant.” The author of the article writes, “The owners of a Vance County restaurant are hoping to be back in business within the next few months after a fire broke out on the premises Saturday night. Firefighters responded to emergency calls at Middleburg Steak and Seafood at 7139 Braod Street shortly before 9 p.m. in response to a kitchen fire. Authorities said the fire started behind a cooking unit and traveled up into the attic. Restaurant co-owner Bennie Blackwell said that because of the location, it took employees a long time to even notice the flames.”
When it comes to trusted fire suppression systems for your kitchen, we will take care of you at HoodMart. Our fire suppression systems will ensure your kitchen doesn’t get destroyed by a catastrophic fire, allowing your business to continue to thrive.
Our one stop hood exhaust hood shop provides high quality commercial and restaurant kitchen exhaust, grease, odor and fume ventilation equipment. If that wasn’t enough, every commercial kitchen exhaust hood and ventilation system is available with pre-piped fire suppression.
Investing in HoodMart is investing in your success!