Skip to content

HoodMart Blog

Kitchen Fires from Wayland to Chillicothe

kitchen fire

Restaurant owners have to be vigilant. Without the proper fire suppression system, your kitchen could be at risk of a crippling fire at any point. Consider a recent article for the Metro West Daily News titled “Wayland: Fire at Coach Grill.”

Norman Miller of the Metro West Daily News titled “A Boston Post Road restaurant established in 1930 will be closed for at least a week after a kitchen fire on Saturday, authorities said. Fire Chief Dave Houghton said the Coach Grill, 55 Boston Post Road, sustained around $200,000 worth of damage. “Unfortunately, all of the food in the restaurant has to be destroyed,” said Houghton. “It’s safe to say the restaurant will have to be closed for at least a week.” The fire department went to the Coach Grill around 1:30 p.m. for a report of fire showing from the building. Upon arrival, the department called for a second alarm, with Weston and Sudbury Fire departments assisting at the scene. The Natick and Lincoln Fire departments covered the stations, the chief said. The fire was traced to a refrigeration unit in the kitchen, the chief said. The restaurant sustained heavy water damage from the sprinkler system and smoke damage from the fire. All power is turned off, and town inspectors will inspect the restaurant on Tuesday, Houghton said. The restaurant, which serves dinner and Sunday brunch, was closed at the time of the fire. No one was injured.”

The Chillicothe Gazette also takes a look at a recent kitchen fire in an article titled “Gas leak at Golden Corral ignites kitchen fire.” The author of the article writes, “A Bridge Street restaurant is still able to serve customers after small fire in the kitchen of a Tuesday morning caused thousands of dollars in damages. Chillicothe Fire Department responded to the Golden Corral in the 1600 block of Bridge Street at approximately 2:20 a.m. Tuesday. The restaurant is open for business, but sustained approximately $6,000 in damages according to fire reports. A leak in the gas line to the grill started the fire. The restaurant had a system in place that was able to detect the built up heat and shut off the gas feed, preventing the fire from growing.”

Looking for a fire suppression system for your kitchen? We’ve got you covered at HoodMart, your one stop hood exhaust hood shop for high quality commercial and restaurant kitchen exhaust, grease, odor and fume ventilation equipment. At HoodMart, every commercial kitchen exhaust hood and ventilation system is available with pre-piped fire suppression.

Furthermore, our entire product lineup of Stainless Steel, Hybrid, Makeup-Air and Ventless Exhaust Range Hoods are guaranteed to pass all state and local codes. Our Exhaust Hoods are built to NFPA 96 Standards, are ETL Listed, and comply with UL 710 Standards.

No matter what hood exhaust and kitchen fire suppression system needs you might have, look no further than HoodMart!

Back to top ^