With each passing year, the popularity of food carts in the United States skyrockets. Especially in warm months, Americans love to grab their meals from
There�s money to be made in running food carts, but the proper equipment�ventilation, air conditioning, and more�is essential to a successful food cart! Here is a look at some of the top U.S. cities to eat �street meat:�
- Austin. This was an easy one! Texas� oddball cultural hotspot, Austin boasts a wide variety of massive food truck parks. The South Austin Trailer Park and Eatery, the Barton Springs Road gathering, and many more locations offer a wide variety of delicious food options!
- Chicago. Though Chicago legalized cooking in trucks and carts later than most other cities we�ll list, America�s third-largest city has more than made up for its late start in quantity and quality! Chicago�s world-famous deep-dish pizza can be bought at trucks, including renowned brand Giordano�s. And the Southern Mac Truck�s mac n� cheese dishes are already the stuff of legend in food cart circles!
- Los Angeles. One of the most historic food cart scenes in the U.S. is the one in L.A. The food trucks are constantly on the move, but the city�s best offerings rank among the nation�s best. Grilled Cheese Truck, Border Grill, The Coolhaus Truck, and Kogi BBQ Taco Truck are among the city�s many legendary food truck options!
- Madison. Wisconsin�s capital and big university town has a rich and vibrant food cart culture. The University of Wisconsin�s Library Mall and Capitol Square comprise the center of the city�s food cart offerings. FIB (Fine Italian Beef & Sausage) was named the U.S.�s best food cart of 2012 by a panel of freelance tasters, so Madison isn�t playing around at the concessions cart game!
- Portland. Portland, like Austin, features on many such lists of U.S. cities with leading alternative cultural options! Portland�s Cartlandia cart pod, located on SE 82nd offers the great food, beer, and coffee that have become Portland�s hallmarks. And the city is chock-full of great pods of food trucks, with over 500 around the city and new offerings on a regular basis!
Great food carts and concessions stands deserve the highest-quality exhaust hoods and ventilation systems. Cooking in a food truck is impossible without a vehicle and exhaust hood that comply with local codes. Come see the top-end concession exhaust hoods HoodMart has to offer today!