Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Question - What is your standard delivery time?
- Answer - We offer the fastest lead times in the industry and most exhaust hood system packages are shipped within 8 - 10 business days. ASK about the possibility of expedited shipping.
- Question - How much is shipping?
- Answer - It's Fast & Easy to Estimate Shipping:
1. Visit any product page (example: Restaurant Hood System 4 ft x 48 inch)
2. Add zip code to estimator, (you can find it to the right of Add To Cart button)
- Question - Do you ship to Canada?
- Answer - Sure do, all the time. Give us a call 1-800-715-1014 with your specific needs.
- Question - Can you help me with Installation?
- Answer - We'll be happy to help you with a local installer.
- Question - Will your Hood Systems pass Local Codes?
- Answer - Hoodmart's Exhaust Hoods are built to NFPA 96 Standards,
are ETL Listed, comply with UL 710 Standards and are GUARANTEED to Pass Code.
Shop Online Now for your Commercial Hood.
- Question - Will I be charged sales tax?
- Answer - NO Sales tax will not be charged to your order Except for merchandise
delivered in the state of OHIO. If your Ohio business or organization has tax exempt status, all or certain items are exempt from sales tax. Please download and return the Ohio Sales Tax Exemption Certificate below. Return the completed form to us by Fax 1-800-715-1014 or Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the completed form has been received, HoodMart will update your tax exempt status and adjust
your order accordingly.
OHIO Sales and Use Tax Blanket Exemption Certificate
Exhaust Hood FAQs
- Question - What type of hood do I need for my restaurant?
- Answer - This depends on the equipment that will be under the hood.
1. If are cooking anything that has grease, you will need a type 1 hood with baffle filters
(type 1 hoods are used to remove grease laden vapors)
2. If you are using ovens, steamers or dishwashers, you will need a type 2 hood.
(type 2 hoods are used for removing heat or steam)
3. A deck pizza oven would use a type 2 hood
4. A conveyor pizza oven would use a type 1 hood
- Question - What should the proper length of my exhaust hood system be?
- Answer - There must be 6 inches overhang on the right and left side of your total cooking equipment length, with 12 inches of overhang in the front.
Use our exhaust hood calculator to find the size you need.
- Question - What is MUA (Makeup Air)?
- Answer - Otherwise known as Supply or Return Air. Fresh air is brought into the hood system from the outside to makeup the air that is being exhausted through the hood.
- Question - Do I need MUA (Makeup Air)?
- Answer - In most cases yes. It makes your system highly energy efficient and is required by code in most locations.
- Question - Do I need Fire Suppression?
- Answer - If you are using or plan to use char broilers, fryers, griddles, wok ranges, cooking ranges and other similar equipment, fire suppression is required.
- You do not require fire suppression if you are operating convection ovens, pizza ovens or steam cookers as well as other similar equipment.
- Question - Do I need a Box Hood or Low Ceiling Hood?
- Answer - If your ceiling height is less than 8 feet 6 inches, a low ceiling style hood system is required. The bottom front edge of the hood must be a minimum of 78 inches from the finished floor.
For shipping, general inquiries and customer service, please contact HoodMart Customer Care
For sales inquiries or custom quotes, please contact HoodMart Sales
For website related comments, advertising or link exchanges, please contact the HoodMart Webmaster
HoodMart Exhaust Hood Systems are Guaranteed to pass all state and local codes. The Commercial Exhaust Hood Systems on this website are constructed from Heavy Gauge Steel and built to NSF and NFPA 96 Standards, are ETL Listed and comply with UL710 Hood Standards. HoodMart offers a full line of the finest Exhaust Hood Systems with the quickest delivery in the food service Industry.