Monthly Archives: November 2019
Categories: PRODUCT CARE
- November 12, 2019
It’s holiday season again, which means that kitchens and restaurants are going to be in crazy mode. As the influx of customers begins so does the hectic, crazy situations that will occur in the kitchen and restaurants. Any down time - for whatever reason - could be catastrophic. With all the chaos you want a smooth running kitchen to ensure all orders are fulfilled quickly and to the best quality, and nothing can ruin the smoothness of a restaurant kitchen than a fire. Here are some quick tips to get you prepped and ready for the holiday season.
- Schedule a hood cleaning with a local certified company before the holiday rush. Regular cleanings will help to get rid of grease and other debris buildups that could put your kitchen at risk for a fire.
- Check grease filters for any buildup, and clean or replace if necessary.
- Ensure you have the proper equipment set up. If you’re cooking with grease then your kitchen should be fitted with a Type 1 Hood System, designed to pull grease and other particles out of the air the prevent buildup and keep the kitchen space clean.
- If you have the time and resources you should look into a fire suppression system. Most kitchens are required by the National Fire Protection Association - NFPA - the be equipped with one, so if you already have one than you can schedule a maintenance to be sure it’s running correctly.
- Keep your kitchen space clean! Review with your kitchen staff...