Upgrading Your Food Truck Exhaust System With The Hoodmart Concession Integrated Low Box Hood & Fan
As of 2022 there are approximately 35,000 Food Trucks operating within the United States, which is an increase of over 8% since 2021. With start up costs lower than that of a brick and mortar restaurant, and the ability to operate in multiple locations it has never been easier to get started running a food truck. Since 2017 the number of food truck operations has increased year over year, showing a rise of nearly 14% in that 5 year period. HoodMart is constantly striving to increase exhaust hood technology to better serve our customers, and that is exactly what the Low Box Concession Hood was designed to do - help our customers run their food trucks more efficiently.
The LBOX-AV Low Box Concession Hood by Hoodmart is a new, industry first Advanced Ventilation hood system (Patent Pending UL710 Listed). The LBOX-AV comes with integrated blower and motor, meaning NO fans on the roof. Product installation has become even easier with all electrical penetrations being inside your truck / trailer, and requires no welding for installation. Each system comes with a factory mounted grease duct with side mounted louver - allowing for easy grease trap cleanings.
Some of the more key features of the LBOX-AV Low Box Concession Hood w/ Integrated Blower and Motor include the following:
- • Louver designed and tested to AMCA standards to help ensure that rainwater up to hurricane force winds are kept.
- • Integrated blower and motor means that there are no fans needed on the roof of your food truck or trailer. This also allows for all electrical tie-ins to be performed inside the truck or trailer itself.
- • Hanger Rails are used for mounting inside the trailer or truck, greatly reducing installation times and requiring no welding.
- • Full Stainless-Steel series ensure long-term, trouble-free operations year round.
- • 20” Tall Stainless-Steel grease filters allow for an improved, larger grease capture area.
- • A built-in 6” air gap meets / exceeds clearance to combustibles available with Zero Clearance Insulation.
The LBOX-AV comes in hood sizes ranging from 4’ 0” - 10’ 0”. 4’ 0” to 6’ 0” models require 1 blower motor, with 200 CFM minimum exhaust. The 7’ 0” - 10’ 0” models will require 2 blower motors, each with 200CFM minimum exhaust. All sizes exhaust systems come with a 7” front and a 24” back to accommodate the low ceiling height of food trucks and trailers. HoodMart provides the fastest lead times for shipping, and all of our LBOX-AVs come with or without pre-piped fire suppression from the factory. Pre-piped packages meet strict UL-300 fire test criteria for safe and reliable fire protection, and you can choose between KIDDE or ANSUL brand fire suppression systems. HoodMart provides our customers with a wide range of exhaust hood systems - from Compensating (Short Cycle) to Perforated Supply Plenum PSP - as well as all exhaust hood accessories such as no weld Grease Duct, hood filters, canopy hood lights, and curbs. If you have questions regarding the purchase of your hood system please feel free to contact one of our experts today by calling us at 1.855.411.6386 or by contacting us through our live chat system.